- Medically necessary
- Ordered by a physician, for an eligible recipient, whose illness, injury or physical or mental condition creates a need for the service; and
- provided under the supervision of a qualified professional or the recipient or his or her responsible party.
- Recipients must be given a choice of either supervising PCA (PCA Choice Option) Services or having a qualified professional (PCPO Option) supervise the services. Aveyron is a PCPO and a PCA Choice Provider.
Prior authorization is required for all PCA Services paid for through Medical Assistance.
PCA Services are not covered for GAMC recipients, or non-pregnant enrolled in Minnesota Care.
PCA Services are available to recipients covered by:
• Alternative Care Program
• Medical Assistance
• Minnesota Care Expanded Benefit set; (pregnant women and under age 21)
• Waivered Service Programs including, CAC. CADI, EW, and MR/RC